If you always do what you’ve always done…
…you’ll always get what you’ve always got…
…unless things change!
The world of marketing now is unrecognisable compared to 15 years ago.
Some of us can remember a world before Facebook, before Google, we can remember it, but we no longer live in that world.
Now we live in a marketing world dominated by a few key channels, but most importantly dominated by the consumers.
As technologies continue to evolve so do customers.
As a result, the marketing activities of companies also need to move apace to keep up with both its application of digital technologies and developing the knowledge and skills to use them.
It’s no longer good enough to produce a wonderful brochure, print out beautifully designed leaflets, and (metaphorically or literally) start knocking on doors.
Now we need to entice our prospects and customers to come to us, to engage with us, and to stay engaged.
Are you ready for GDPR?
GDPR is going to impact on all of us, if you have any data, on any customer then you need to comply to the regulations.
Whether you are business to business or straight to consumer, if you hold any customer data at all, then you need to be ready for the changes GDPR will ‘encourage’ you to make!
We provide a very cost effective review and implementation process so make sure that your business complies with GDPR.
So, get in touch and we can help you to prepare – email@example.com
Some of the things you’ll need to look at
- What data do you have already?
- How do you collect it?
- What do you do with it?
- Who deals with it?
- How and where is it stored?
- What is the split of business and customer?
- Can you prove they have opted in?
- When did they opt in?
- What did they opt in to?
- And, unfortunately, quite a lot more…
Even in our initial conversations we have come across a few things that people will absolutely need to do
- one client – didn’t really think that they had much data – but have over 1,000 subscribers to the website – so we will need to go through the list, clear out all the robots, sort the real people, and then get them to opt in
- another realised that some of their opt ins will be from people below 16 years old, so we need to get opt in from the responsible adult
- another has a mix of emails in their ‘business’ lists – we need to identify any that are either not businesses or grey areas – so any that are hotmail, outlook, yahoo, bt emails and so on,, and move them to a customer database and get opt in
- one has a database of over 20,000 records, who have been getting newsletters for 3 years – But – they have no record of the data of the opt in, or what they opted in to. So we need to – somehow – either get this information – or – in the case of the customer data – get them to opt in – ideally double opt in
- one takes invoice payments which are kept in a job folder – accessible to everyone – so we need to work through the process – get rid of data they don’t need to keep, and ensure that access to customer data is restricted.
- and, we are not perfect – not by a long way – we have started to change our own processes – Data can now only be shared by we transfer, and our databases are stored on an encrypted USB pen which is kept in a safe when not in use. That’s just the start of the changes we are having to make.
Potential Email Open Rates
- B2B – Furniture 23%
- B2B – Events 29%
- B2B – Office Services 17%
- B2C – Automotive 27%
- B2B – Technical 16%
- B2C – FMCG 23%
- B2B – Office Services 15%
These are live examples with current clients – each client is different, targeting a different market – but this can give you an idea of what can be achieved.
Potential Email Click Through Rates
- B2B – Furniture 61%
- B2B – Events 11%
- B2B – Office Services 46%
- B2C – Automotive 20%
- B2B – Technical 38%
- B2C – FMCG 13%
- B2B – Office Services 37%
Showreel and video work
MCM2 always exceeds our expectations! Martin helps us with a variety of aspects of our marketing including email marketing, advertising and website work. The return on investment is brilliant, as a small business we don’t have the budgets of major companies and Martin manages to use what we have and produce outstanding results.Richad Taylor
Martin has helped us achieve astonishing results with our digital marketing. He has been running our email marketing campaign for 2 years and has helped us to achieve a 30% open rate and 60-70% click through rate which is not only almost unbelievable it far exceeds our wildest expectations. Importantly we can trace key new customers initial interaction with us back right to the digital marketing message they received from us.Mike Weston
Now, you can develop your website (and you need to keep developing it), run pay per click campaigns, use social media, create viral marketing, have a quality blog, Twitter, Tumblr, pinterest, apps, online media space, analytics, goal tracking – the list goes on… but we understand it can all be very confusing for most businesses!
But not for MCM2, we can lead you through the world of digital and social marketing and make a difference to your company.
Call us on 07765 406530 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will review what you want to achieve, assess your current activity and help you to implement an integrated digital strategy which will deliver the best results for your budget.
As a specialist business reducing costs is always a priority. However, managing the various elements of success digital marketing can be difficult. Martin managed to do both – he reduced our cost per click by 70% in our pay per click campaign, and runs our monthly email newsletter.Lizzie Green
Get in touch
After taking part in one of Martin’s brilliant training courses at Reaseheath, I contacted him for additional help with the digital marketing for my business. He set up and now runs my pay per click campaigns which delivers additional business, and all at a low cost – which as a small business is vital.Tom Stockadale